When you are in the kitchen you are bound to be faced with measurements and cooking conversions which might be making you scratch your head a bit, especially when you are in a hurry. Well, there is good news we have a free printable kitchen conversion chart to help you halve, double and triple recipes in no time!
Kitchen Measurement Tools
Before we get into how to convert recipes you will want to have the right kitchen measurement tools on hand so you can properly measure your ingredients!
You will want to have:
- Liquid measuring cups
- Dry measuring cups
- Measuring Spoons
A lot of people don’t have a kitchen scale, but you really should because it helps you have the most accurate measurements when cooking and baking.
Cooking Measurement Abbreviations
When you are following a recipe you are bound to see certain terms abbreviated. It is easy to get confused about what these terms mean and guessing could lead to a big kitchen flop with your recipes.
Tbsp / TBS / T- Tablespoon
Tsp / t. – Teaspoon
Fl. Oz- Fluid Ounces
Why is measuring so important?
I think at times we have all made something when we use a little of this and a little of that and for some reason, it just doesn’t turn out as it should.
This is because it is so important to be accurate with our cooking, especially our baking.
Baking is a science and if you are just a little bit off it can cause flat cookies or really dense bread, and no one wants that. That is why this printable kitchen conversion chart will come in handy to help you always have the most accurate measurements to create some real masterpieces.
FAQs for Cooking Conversions
Below are the most common cooking conversion questions that people ask.
- How many ounces in a gallon? 129 fluid ounces
- How many quarts in a gallon? 4 quarts
- How many cups are in a gallon? 16 cups
- How many pints in a quart? 2 pints
- How many cups in a quart? 4 cups
- How many ounces in a quart? 32 ounces
- How many cups in a pint? 2 cups
- How many ounces in a pint? 16 ounces
- How many tablespoons are in a cup? 17 Tablespoons
- How many ounces are in a cup? 8 ounces
- How many teaspoons are in a tablespoon? 3 teaspoons
- How many ounces are in a tablespoon? ½ ounce
Free Conversion Chart Printable
Don’t forget to grab your free conversion chart to help you with all your kitchen conversions. I love to laminate mine and keep it in the kitchen that way if it gets anything on it I can just wipe it clean!