These Chocolate mint cookies are super delicious and full of so much mint flavor! At first bite, you will fall in love with these easy-to-make cookies.
One of my favorite combinations in life is chocolate and mint! Ever since I was a little girl I fell in love with this flavor combination. So naturally whenever given the chance I am always buying or making cookies that are chocolate and mint mixed together!
If you are like me, you will fall in love with these chocolate mint cookies! Not only is there mint in the chocolate cookie but the mint frosting elevates this entire cookie to a whole new level!
If you love mint like me, be sure to try my Copycat McDonald’s Oreo Shamrock McFlurry.
1 cup flour
½ tsp baking soda
¼ cup cocoa
⅓ cup butter
½ cup white sugar
½ tsp peppermint extract
½ cup chocolate chips
1 cup white frosting
⅛ tsp peppermint extract
Green food coloring
1 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
How to Make chocolate mint cookies with mint frosting
- Cream together butter and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add egg and extract and mix well.
- Add flour, cocoa and baking soda and combine until a soft dough forms.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop 8-10 large scoops of dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.
- Mix the extract and food coloring with frosting.
- Ice each cookie with the frosting.
- Top with mini chocolate chips.
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- The secret to a good cookie is allowing your eggs and butter to get to room temperature before making the cookies. This allows them to be fluffier and lighter.
- Use your favorite white frosting as a base for the frosting. I usually prefer vanilla or buttercream when making these cookies.
- You can omit the frosting if you prefer.
- I love to sprinkle chocolate chips on these cookies. The key is a high quality chocolate chip. You can also opt to drizzle chocolate on the top of the cookie as well.
- You can double or triple this cookie recipe without any issues.
Before storing your cookies, you want to let them completely cool first. Once cooled, you will want to store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
Be sure to add parchment paper in between each layer of cookie to prevent frosting from getting all over the cookies. These will keep for up to 4 days.
If you prefer, you can store these in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ⅓ cup butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup white frosting
- ⅛ tsp peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
- 1 Tbsp mini chocolate chips