Air Fryer Mini Breakfast Pizzas are made with homemade sausage gravy, store-bought biscuit dough, scrambled eggs, and shredded cheese to make the cutest and tastiest bite-sized breakfast!
Looking for a quick and easy breakfast recipe that will please the entire family? These mini breakfast pizzas are so cute and SO tasty – they have biscuits, eggs, and homemade sausage gravy!
I love making a mini pizza (who hasn’t made themselves pizza on a bagel?!) and breakfast pizza has always been a favorite of mine. So I combined the two and made these delicious and adorable Mini Breakfast Pizzas! And the best part? It’s done completely in the air fryer!
- Air Fryer
- Rolling Pin
- Refrigerated biscuit dough. I used Grands Southern Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits, but you can use your favorite store bought brand!
- Scrambled eggs, however you normally make them.
- Butter. What is breakfast without butter?!
- Breakfast sausage. I always use Jimmy Dean.
- Whole Milk.
- Shredded Mozzarella.
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning to your liking.
- Chives or scallions, for topping.
How to make Mini Breakfast Pizzas in the Air Fryer
Making this air fryer mini breakfast pizza recipe is so easy – start out by making scrambled eggs, then set aside.
Then get started on the sausage gravy – I promise that it is not hard and is totally worth it for homemade gravy. The store-bought stuff never compares!
Add butter to a statue pan over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add the ground sausage and cook until it is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles as you go. Once the sausage is cooked, add your flour and mix it in evenly with the sausage.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the milk. Mix it all together and cook until the gravy has thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Take your pre-formed biscuit dough and roll it out onto a floured surface. Roll them into 4-inch rounds, dusting with flour to keep from sticking.
Preheat your air fryer to 350, spray the basket with cooking spray, and get to assembling your mini pizzas.
Spread 3-4 tbsp of sausage gravy on biscuit dough. Crumble scrambled eggs over top of the gravy. Sprinkle on mozzarella and air fry these for only 7 minutes! Repeat with all biscuits, cooking only 2 at a time. Remove from the air fryer and top with scallions.
Can I make air fryer mini breakfast pizzas in the oven?
Air fryer mini breakfast pizzas can be cooked in the oven. You do not need the air fryer or ninja foodie. Preheat oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Assemble all mini pizzas on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Let sit 2-3 minutes and then garnish with chives or scallions.
Tips and Tricks
- Although it is tempting to cover the biscuit in your delicious sausage gravy, less is more in this instance. You do not want to overpower the rest of the ingredients, but rather create a medley of flavors.
- Assembling the pizzas when they’re in the air fryer basket will save on clean-up, but be careful of a preheated air fryer!
- These breakfast pizzas would be just as delicious with a crescent dough or english muffin dough, or even a bagel!
Storage and Make Ahead
These air fryer mini breakfast pizzas are best when served immediately. If there are leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Cooked mini pizzas can be frozen in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. To reheat, preheat the oven to 350. Place frozen pizzas on a prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- 16.3oz Can Refrigerated Biscuit Dough (I used Grands Southern Homestyle
- Buttermilk Biscuits)
- Cooked Scrambled Eggs, About 6 large Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 8oz Ground Sausage (I Used Jimmy Dean)
- 2 Tablespoons Flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Cooking Spray
- 3 Tablespoons Scallions or Chives, chopped
- Make scrambled eggs and set them aside.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat add the butter. When fully melted, add ground sausage and cook until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Add 2 tablespoons of flour and mix. Reduce heat to medium-low and add 2 cups whole milk, stir until thickened and bubbly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- On a floured work surface, roll out each biscuit into 4inch rounds, dusting them with flour to keep them from sticking.
- Preheat air fryer to 350℉. Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Assemble mini pizzas, evenly spread 3-4 tablespoons sausage gravy on biscuit dough, crumble 3 tablespoons or desired amount of scrambled eggs on top of the gravy. Sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons or desired amount of the shredded mozzarella cheese. Place into the air fryer basket and cook for 7 minutes.
- When done, remove from the air fryer and let cool for 2 minutes, repeat steps 3 and 4 as necessary. ( you may find it easier to assemble pizzas within the air fryer basket)
- Sprinkle with the chopped scallions or chives before serving.
Mini pizzas can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Mini pizzas can be frozen in a freezer-safe container for up to 4 months
To reheat mini pizzas, preheat the oven to 350℉. Place on a prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
To make mini pizzas in the oven: Preheat oven to 375℉. Prepare an 18x26 baking sheet with parchment paper and cooking spray. Assemble the mini pizzas on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes until the biscuit is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Let sit 2-3 minutes. Garnish with scallions or chives.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 368Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 166mgSodium: 923mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 17g