Hummus Deviled eggs combine hard-boiled eggs, hummus, lemon juice, hot sauce, and a few other seasonings to create the perfect healthy snack or appetizer to enjoy in no time at all.
Hummus is used in many different recipes, or it can simply be used as a dip. I love how versatile it is! You can eat it with crackers, on sandwiches, in pitas, and with vegetables to name a few ways to enjoy it. One of my favorite ways to enjoy hummus is by making hummus deviled eggs. They are rich in flavor and protein and are not loaded with fat. These can quickly be whipped up in minutes to serve at a moment’s notice.
6 Large Hard-Boiled Eggs
½ Cup Hummus
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
½ tsp Hot Sauce
Pinch of Salt
How To Make Hummus Deviled Eggs
•First peel and rinse the hard-boiled eggs.
•Slice eggs lengthwise down the center creating two halves.
•Remove egg yolks and place them in a medium-size bowl.
•Add hummus, lemon juice, and hot sauce to the yolks. Mash and mix with a fork until the yolks are completely mashed and the ingredients are well mixed. Taste and mix in salt to taste.
•Using a spoon or a pastry bag fill the egg whites with the egg yolk mixture.
•Finely chop the fresh parsley and lightly sprinkle the eggs with parsley and smoked paprika.
•Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tips Tricks and FAQs
● If your eggs are not peeling easily, run them under cool water for a few seconds. This tends to help in the peeling process.
● Upon creating this recipe, use your favorite flavor of hummus. You can even use your homemade hummus recipe if you choose.
● You can spoon the filling into each egg white or use a piping bag to make a fancy presentation.
- 6 Large Hard Boiled Eggs
- ½ Cup Hummus
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Hot Sauce
- Pinch of Salt
- Fresh Parsley
- Smoked Paprika
- First peel and rinse the hard boiled eggs.
- Slice eggs lengthwise down the center creating two halves.
- Remove egg yolks and place them in a medium size bowl.
- Add hummus, lemon juice, and hot sauce to the yolks. Mash and mix with a fork until the yolks are completely mashed and the ingredients are well mixed. Taste and mix in salt to taste.
- Using a spoon or a pastry bag fill the egg whites with the egg yolk mixture.
- Finely chop the fresh parsley and lightly sprinkle the eggs with parsley and smoked paprika.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 56Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 93mgSodium 81mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 4g