Maple Bourbon Cupcakes with Sweet Bacon Roses is the perfect flavor combination that everyone will love as it combines bourbon-flavored cupcakes, and maple frosting, candied bacon, and rose on top! This is the perfect cupcake to serve for Father’s Day, BBQs, or any adult get-together!
One of my favorite things to do is to create fun adult desserts like my strawberry daiquiri pudding dip and these amazing Bourbon spiked cupcakes! I am telling you, you and your guests will love these! The cupcakes are spiked with bourbon, which is then topped with a super creamy maple buttercream frosting that is then topped with sugared brown bacon. This is a dessert that never lasts long on the dessert table at parties.
*Please remember to drink responsibly when enjoying these Maple Bourbon cupcakes with sweet bacon roses.
1 package of your favorite bacon
3 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 ½ cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter softened
1 cup brown sugar
⅓ cup bourbon
6 tablespoons milk
1 cup butter, softened
3 ½ cups powdered sugar
⅓ cup maple syrup
Melted chocolate, if desired
How to Make Maple Bourbon Cupcakes with Sweet Bacon Roses
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Brush one side of each slice of bacon with honey, sprinkle on brown sugar, roll up, and place bloom side up in a mini muffin tin – Bake until crispy – Place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt – set aside
- In another bowl use a hand mixer to cream butter and sugar
- Add eggs one at a time
- Stir in bourbon
- Alternate adding in flour mixture and milk and stir until well combined
- Fill liners in muffin tin about ¾ full
- Bake 22-25 minutes and cool completely
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- When it comes to the frosting, be sure your butter is at room temperature before you start mixing it. Doing this will help your frosting cream better.
- Once the butter is at room temperature be sure you really cream it. The more you cream it the lighter the frosting will be.
- For even more maple flavor you can add maple extract to the frosting as well.
- If you want even stronger alcohol-infused cupcakes you can replace 2 Tablespoons of the milk with bourbon.
You will want to store these cupcakes in an airtight container in the fridge. These will last up to 3 days when properly stored.
Make-Ahead Maple Bourbon Cupcakes with Sweet Bacon Roses
If you want to make these ahead of time, you can make the cupcakes and freeze them once they are completely cooled. When you are ready to enjoy, thaw and then make the frosting and bacon and serve.
Are these cupcakes kid-friendly?
No, these are not kid-friendly cupcakes as the alcohol does not bake out enough.
Can I make these Maple Bourbon Cupcakes with Sweet Bacon Roses vegetarian-friendly?
Yes! You can easily make these bourbon-infused cupcakes vegetarian-friendly. You do this by just omitting the bacon. The flavor will still be out of this world!
- 1 package of your favorite bacon
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup bourbon
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- Melted chocolate, if desired
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Brush one side of each slice of bacon, sprinkle on brown sugar, roll up, and place bloom side up in a mini muffin tin - Bake until crispy - Place on paper towel lined plate to drain
In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt - set aside
In another bowl use a hand mixer to cream butter and sugar
Add eggs one at a time
Stir in bourbon
Alternate adding in flour mixture and milk and stir until well combined
Fill liners in muffin tin about ¾ full
Bake 22-25 minutes and cool completely
Cream butter, add powdered sugar ⅓ cup at a time
Add in maple syrup
Frost cooled cupcakes, place bacon rose in the center of each
Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired
Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 358Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 282mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 0gSugar: 40gProtein: 3g