This Blueberry Dump Cake is so easy to make and tastes delicious! It combines only 3 ingredients and is ready in about 30 minutes.
Blueberries are one of my favorite things to eat. I always buy a bunch at the store and eat them by the handful. I love creating blueberry desserts that are simple, easy, and packed full of flavor. That is one of the many reasons why I love this Blueberry Dump Cake Recipe!
I know you will love it too, as it combines blueberry pie filling (or fresh blueberries, your choice), yellow cake mix, and butter to create a juicy buttery treat that is finger-licking good! Your friends and family will love this dessert and ask for it on your next dessert night!
What is Dump Cake?
Dump cake is one of the easiest cakes you will ever make! Essentially you “dump” the ingredients into the same pan that you will bake it in. You start with the fruit layer followed by the cake mix sprinkled on top, and then pieces of butter on top! It is then baked in the oven and comes out absolutely perfect!
2 – 21 oz cans blueberry pie filling
OR 4 cups fresh blueberries & 1 cup sugar
1 box yellow cake mix
1 ½ stick of butter melted, sliced, or shaved
Ice cream or whipped cream for serving, optional
How to Make Blueberry Dump Cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 13×9 dish with nonstick spray. Place pie filling or fresh berry sugar mixture in bottom of the pan in an even layer. Evenly sprinkle on cake mix
Top with butter
Bake about 30 minutes until golden and bubbly
Serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired and enjoy!
Tips Tricks and FAQs
● Be sure you cut or shave the pieces of butter over the entire top of the cake mix.
● Swap out the flavors of your dump cake, by just changing the pie filling flavor that you use.
You will want to store your leftover cake in the fridge in the dish that you bake it in. Cover it with plastic wrap and enjoy it within 4 days.
To reheat a piece of blueberry dump cake, place it in a bowl and place it in the microwave and reheat.
Can I use fresh blueberries for the blueberry dump cake?
You can use fresh blueberries to make this. You will want to mix 4 cups of blueberries with 1 cup of sugar. I like to let this sit for a bit before adding the cake mix to the top to allow the berries to start to juice a bit.
What can I serve with Blueberry Dump Cake?
Vanilla ice cream or homemade whipping cream is the perfect topper for this dump cake!
- 2 - 21 oz cans blueberry pie filling
- OR 4 cups fresh blueberries & 1 cup sugar
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 ½ sticks of butter melted, sliced, or shaved
- Ice cream or whipped cream for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 13x9 dish with nonstick spray
- Place pie filling or fresh berry sugar mixture in bottom of the pan in an even layer
- Evenly sprinkle on cake mix
- Top with butter
- Bake about 30 minutes until golden and bubbly
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 749Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 722mgCarbohydrates: 115gFiber: 2gSugar: 51gProtein: 6g